Develop Your Career Skills
Zarb Graduate Business Career Services (GBCS)
Orientations: All first year students are invited to attend a Zarb GBCS New Student Orientation where you will learn about the services, programs, and events offered by Graduate Business Career Services. (Call 516-463-6259 for an appointment if missed.) All second year students are invited to attend the Prep for your Final Year Orientation where you will be given all the valuable information to be successful in your final year here at Zarb.
One-on-one Career Coaching: Make an appointment to meet with a Zarb GBCS Career Coach at 516-463-6259, to critique your resume, have a mock interview, debrief your Career Leader assessment or just to get some career advice. It is recommended that you meet with a Career Coach at least one time during your first year and again during your second year.
Career Workshops: These workshops are offered twice a semester. We highly recommend you attend all workshops by the end of your first year. Reserve your spot by registering on Handshake. To RSVP for workshops, go to http://hofstra.edu/careerhub and log in with your ID and password. You will notice the Handshake icon, select this and go to Events on the left and search “MBA/MS”.
- Interview Strategies: Learn interview strategies to beat out the competition and land the job!
- Job Fair Prep: Learn how you can best present yourself to employers at career fairs.
- Job/Internship Search: Provides an overview of action steps needed to have an effective job or internship search.
- LinkedIn: Basics and LinkedIn: Beyond the Basics: Learn how to leverage LinkedIn to land your internship/job!
- Professional Networking: Greatly increase your chances of landing internships/jobs through learning effective networking techniques!
- Virtual Interviewing Strategies: Learn how to conduct a virtual interview with confidence to land an offer!