Secure Your HofstraCard
Cashiers and University departments will only accept cards that belong to the holder. Do not loan your I.D. to anyone.
How to protect your HofstraCard
Decoded and damaged cards may be rejected by the card readers.
- Do not bend, fold, or expose your card to excessive heat, washing or other damaging elements.
- Do not pass your card through any other system (automated teller machines) as decoding may occur.
- Do not leave your HofstraCard on or near electromagnetic equipment i.e. microwaves, iPods, televisions, cellphones or radios.
- Do not punch holes in your card.
- Avoid getting your card wet.