Office of Residence Life Mission
The Office of Residence Life embraces the mission and core values of the Division of Student Affairs and supports Hofstra's mission by providing vibrant residential communities that foster students’ academic, personal, social, and cultural development. We strive to create a safe and secure living environment where students can maintain positive and productive connections to campus life.
The Office of Residence Life welcomes you to the on-campus living community at Hofstra University! Our residential living program is an integral part of the total student experience at Hofstra. We are very proud of our program because we offer a variety of residential facilities and living options for our students, from high rises and suite style housing to apartments for graduate, law and medical school students. Our spacious common lounges, state of the art furnishings, kitchen facilities and study lounges make our residential environment the place to be for Hofstra students.
When you enter our halls, you will be greeted by our friendly, outgoing, and well-trained staff of Resident Assistants, Graduate Assistants and professional Resident Directors. Our staff is carefully selected and supervised, to support a variety of educational, social and recreational programs and activities throughout the year. Our Living Learning and Theme Housing options blend the value of classroom learning with the co-curricular experience. Let our staff, programs and services make your stay at Hofstra the successful, educational and enjoyable experience you desire.
Please explore our website, which is full of information, publications, policies and procedures that will help you learn even more about Residence Life and on-campus learning. But, of course, if you have any questions feel free to contact us via email, by phone at 516-463-6930 or on our Facebook Page (Hofstra Office of Residence Life). On behalf of all of us in Residence Life - welcome home!
- Office of Residence Life
2018 Room Selection Information Sessions:
- Wednesday, February 21-Colonial Square, Dover House Lounge at 6pm
- Wednesday, February 21- Netherlands, Netherlands Core at 7:00pm
- Thursday, February 22-Constitution Hall, 13th Floor, 6pm
- Tuesday, February 27-Nassau and Suffolk Hall, Lobby, at 2pm
- Tuesday, February 27-Bill of Rights, Lobby, at 6pm
- Tuesday, February 27-Colonial Square, Dover House Lounge at 7pm
- Tuesday, February 27-VanderPoel Hall, 13th Floor at 7pm
- Tuesday, February 27-Enterprise Hall, Lobby, at 8:30pm
- Wednesday, February 28-Alliance Hall, Lobby, at 11am
- Wednesday, February 28-Estabrook Hall, Lobby, at 11:30pm
- Wednesday, February 28- Netherlands, Netherlands Core, Common Hour
- Wednesday, March 7- Graduate Residence Hall, Conference Room, 8pm
- Tuesday, March 27- Stuyvesant Hall, Lobby, at 5:30pm
Office of Residence Life
Room 126 Wellness and Campus Living Center
250 Hofstra University
Hempstead, New York 11549-2500
Phone: (516) 463-6930
Fax: (516) 463-4107