Co-Ed Housing provides the option for students to share a suite, regardless of gender. However, two students within the same room within a suite must be of the same sex. Co-Ed Housing is currently being offered in Colonial Square. This option is available to students who will be sophomores, juniors, and seniors in the upcoming academic year. Interested students should contact the Office of Residence Life directly at reslife[at]hofstra.edu or 516-463-6930.
General Information Regarding Co-Ed Housing
- After paying the $300 housing deposit, interested students should come to the Office of Residence Life (244 Mack Student Center) during room selection in order to sign up for this housing option. Students can sign up on a first come, first serve basis as space permits.
- The Office of Residence Life will provide students with a confirmation email to their Hofstra Pride email accounts in regard to their Co-Ed Housing assignment.
- All rooms within the suite must be filled to capacity. As a reminder, the room must be filled with the same sex in one room and the opposite sex in the other.
- Parents are not notified of student housing assignments during the Room Selection Process. If parents contact the Office of Residence Life regarding an individual student assignment, the Office of Residence Life will share information based on the student's FERPA information on file with the University.
- Residing in Co-Ed Housing does not carry any additional costs. Please see the breakdown of housing rates for more information regarding the cost of room types.