Hire a Student Employee
More than 2,000 students work at Hofstra each year. These students play a crucial role in the university operation and success. While working on campus, they are earning income that helps them defray the cost of their education, while building the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to succeed in the world of work. Student employees also have the opportunity to form stronger connections to the university.
Six Steps to Hiring a Hofstra Student
- Create a job posting; complete the Job Posting form (https://my.hofstra.edu/pdf/Employee/main/OSE-job-description-form.pdf).
- OSE posts the job on the Campus Job Opportunities web page.
- Students apply for job on the Campus Job Opportunities web page.
- Interview and select a student.
- If never been paid by Hofstra before, prior to their start date, send the student to the Office of Student Employment to complete new hire paperwork.
- Review the Managers Toolkit for forms, pay date information and more!
If you need to edit, reactivate or remove a job, contact the Office of Student Employment at student-employment[at]hofstra.edu.