National Student Employment Week!
Each year during National Student Employment week, colleges and universities across the country recognize the importance of student employment and the career-enhancing opportunities it offers.Thank you for celebrating National Student Employment Week 2017 with us. We look forward to celebrating in 2018!
Departments can recognize their student employees by hosting small events and activities during the week Some suggestions are listed below.
Activities & Event Suggestions
- Feel free to utilize the Certificate of Appreciation/Thank You Card for your students.
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to their student workers and listing all their names.
- Prepare "care packages" to give to student workers with popcorn, trail mix, soft drinks, hot chocolate mix, etc.
- Throw a pizza party, potluck, do-it-yourself sundae bar, foot-long sub party.
- Take your student employees to lunch. A balloon bouquet further adds to the festive spirit.
- Other possible giveaways: phone cards, coffee mugs filled with candy and imprinted with NSEW and/or department name; group pictures of students and their supervisor.
- Give certificates for Longest Commute (to work), Perfect Attendance, etc.
- More details to follow