National Student Employment Week!
Hofstra University recognizes the importance of student employment and the career-enhancing opportunities it offers. To thank our #HUAwesomeStudents, we are celebrating National Student Employment Week, April 9 - 13, 2018.
Join us at our "Thank You for Being Awesome: event in the Student Center Artrium on Tuesday, April 10 between the hours of 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM. Kate & Willie will be there along with light refreshments, music, and dancing!
Tell us why your student employee(s) are Awesome, tweet @HofstraOSE about your #HUAwesomeStudents. Make sure you tag @HofstraOSE.
Departments can recognize their student employees by hosting small events and activities during the week Some suggestions are listed below.
Activities & Event Suggestions
- Feel free to utilize the Certificate of Appreciation/Thank You Card for your students.
- Decorate office doors or bulletin boards with posters expressing appreciation to their student workers and listing all their names.
- Prepare "care packages" to give to student workers with popcorn, trail mix, soft drinks, hot chocolate mix, etc.
- Throw a pizza party, potluck, do-it-yourself sundae bar, foot-long sub party.
- Take your student employees to lunch. A balloon bouquet further adds to the festive spirit.
- Other possible giveaways: phone cards, coffee mugs filled with candy and imprinted with NSEW and/or department name; group pictures of students and their supervisor.
- Give certificates for Longest Commute (to work), Perfect Attendance, etc.
Thank you for celebrating your students!