Wellness and Campus Living Center
250 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-2500 (North Campus)
Phone: (516) 463-6745
Fax: (516) 463-5161
We are open during the academic semesters for the following hours:
Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
You can call to make an appointment or make an appointment through your Hofstra portal. You can update your immunizations, Medical Records and insurance information through the portal as well.
In an event of an emergency when we are closed please contact public safety at 516-463-6789.
To all our students,
Welcome back!! Keep yourself healthy by washing your hands, eating healthy, get plenty of rest & hydration.
Because flu can spread by contact with people who are ill, Student Health Services recommends that community members take these precautions:
To all our Students & our Hofstra Community
- Get a flu shot. Please call Student Health at 463-6745 for an appointment or come to one of our flu clinic days.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer frequently, especially after touching common surfaces such as door handles.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with either a disposable tissue or a sleeve, and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick. Get plenty of rest to keep the immune system working at its best.
- Monitor your health. Flu symptoms include fever with cough or sore throat, and sometimes runny nose, body aches, headache, vomiting and/or diarrhea.
If you are traveling in any country with active Zika virus protect yourself by using Repellent and appropriate clothing to include sunscreen and drinking plenty of non-alcoholic fluids. Please refer to the websites below to keep yourself and others healthy: