Student Health Sites Students can click here to open multiple sites for health information and upcoming health events. You will review leading sources including the CDC, NYSDOH and leading health websites providing up to date credible health information in a supportive community on getting basic, symptomatic information on ailments, addictions, mood, emotional, eating disorders, sexual safety, and health FAQs.
- Student Health 101
Check out Student Health 101 for a lot of current student health information and upcoming health events
- Go Ask Alice!
Where students can ask questions and be educated on signs & symptoms of disease
Click to get basic information on ailments and health FAQs
- The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community
New York State Department of Health: Local State health prevention and maintenance guidelines for residences.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Center for Disease control and Prevention: a wealth of information/guidelines to keep the US public safe against any health risks and other valuable information both domestic and when traveling abroad. Check out this very important site.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration
- healthfinder.gov U.S. Department of Health & Human Services site Get Health topics from A-Z
- Be Active Your Way Find out which preventive services you may need this year by entering your age, sex and other status. You can also use myhealthfinder to find out about services recommended for a loved one. (open accessible version in new window)
Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking, Overeating and Addiction
- Nutrition Physical Activity & Obesity CDC recommendatin on keeping your body and mind fit.
- Student Drugwatch Check out this Imformative site on Substance abuse among young adults
- College Drinking Prevention Interested in the culture of college drinking? Visit here to learn about the facts of drinking and how to help change the culture of college drinking.
- Addiction Treatment
- Above the Influence of Alcohol & Drugs
Addiction Treatment FAQ and Centers.
- Eating Disorders
Click on website for National Eating disorders Questions
- B4UDrink The Drink Wheel, helps calculate intoxication levels.
- BRAD (Be Responsible Before U Drink) founded by the family and friends of a Michigan State University Junior who died of alcohol poisoning after celebrating his 21st birthday. It is their hope that the educational information distributed by the organization will prevent other families from suffering the loss that they have experienced.
- STOP SMOKING
Sexuality, Health & Pevention
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS)
Click on Website for Sexual health information
- Mens Health
- Prep 101
- Womens Health
- Planned Parenthood of Nassau County
- College Mental Health
- Sleep Disorder
- GYT GET YOURSELF TESTED
- Sexual Violence
- Relationship Violence [PDF]
Please use the following local pharmacy as a guide for students: (We do not endorse any of the Pharmacies below).
- UNIONDALE PHARMACY
phone: 516-486-4333 FAX: 516-486-0464
address: 546 UNIONDALE AVE. UNIONDALE, NY