We continue to monitor the state of the pandemic and changing conditions in the public health of the Hofstra community as well as our region. As recommended by the CDC, we are monitoring community transmission, vaccination coverage, testing data and developments in scientific and medical knowledge to guide our decisions. Changes in aany of these factors may in turn warrant changes to University policies, which will be communicated to the campus community.
Last year, New York State regulations required public posting of testing data; this posting is not currently required by state regulations. Despite this, the University will continue to post publicly COVID-19 test results (as noted below) on a weekly basis each Friday to keep the Hofstra community informed.
Week Ending September 17, 2021
Covid testing update:
For the period from September 11, 2021 to September 17, 2021, the University continued to conduct entry testing of arriving students (both on site and through student uploads). There were 836 entry tests with 0 positive results during this period. For the three-week period, there were 7,558 entry tests, with 28 positive results.
During the September 11, 2021 to September 17, 2021 period, the University also administered surveillance testing of partially vaccinated students. 315 tests were administered with 1 positive result.
From September 11, 2021 to September 17, 2021, there were 3 confirmed positive cases from on-campus testing (through Student Health Services, in addition to entry and surveillance testing). There were also 15 confirmed cases reported through off-campus testing. We include off-campus testing results upon receipt of confirmed test results, which is often after the fact. Our reporting is updated upon receipt of newly confirmed information.
During the same period, we reported 5 positive test results for employees.
- 98.3% of Hofstra Employees have uploaded proof of full or partial vaccination.
- 99.4% of Hofstra Students are compliant with the University’s vaccination mandate for on campus classes (compliant includes full and partially vaccinated on campus students and fully remote students).
We will continue to provide updated information to the Hofstra community.
|Tests Administered on Campus|
|Current Week||Year to Date|
|Fall Entry Testing||836||0||7558||28|
|Current Week||Year to Date|
|Student Off-Campus Positives||15||52|
Totals – Hofstra administered tests
- On-Campus results include students using Student Health Center testing and Surveillance Testing and Entry Testing data.This data is represented in the graph above.
- All additional results are off-campus testing, which is reported through individuals or by the Department of Health to the Student Health Center and Human Resources. For these results, total numbers of tests are not available.
- The total for the week is the total of positives from tests administered on-campus (the sum of entry and/or surveillance and other tests); and the two categories in other results, off-campus positives and employee positives.