Hofstra University hosts many programs for local high school and middle school students, to encourage their academic interests.
- Honors & community programs for students
- Regional host of the Scripps Spelling Bee
- Long Island Press Club High School Press Day
- Newsday High School Marching Band Festival
- Middle School Honors Orchestra
- Commerce Plaza
- High School Dance Program
- High School Fine Arts Program
- Summer Science Research Program
- School of Medicine’s Pipeline Program
- Model United Nations
- High School Journalism Program
- Documenting Diversity
- Ethics Bowl
More Youth Activities
Young students can take advantage of Hofstra's facilities and resources thanks to our special programs for kids and teens.
Youth Programs offered by Hofstra University Continuing Education include Saturday Classes for Young People, Hofstra Summer Camps, Sportscasting Institute for Teens, and Test Preparation and Academic Skills.
Hofstra Continuing Education’s precollegiate programs help teens make the most of their spring and summer breaks as they gain knowledge and skills, learn about careers, make new friends and get a taste of college life.
Sports, programs for gifted children and more are available during the summer months.
Hofstra University provides opportunities for selected research-oriented high school students to work with our science faculty during the summer in a six-week on campus research program.