Policies and Procedures
Research, whether or not supported by a grant, can be subject to many different laws and policies. Some of these are government-imposed while others are University-based policies. For your convenience, on this page we have assembled information and recommended procedures on several of these topics, combining information from the University's Faculty Policy Series and appropriate external sources.
- Administrative Rates and Information for Proposal Preparation
- Use of Human Subjects in Research
- Use of Animals as Subjects in Research
- Conflicts of Interest
- Scientific Misconduct
- Grant/Contract Proposal Submission: The Local Approval Process
- Time and Effort Reporting
Financial Policies (Hofstra employees only)
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
On Being A Scientist: A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research (Third Edition)
Committee on Science, Engineering and Public Policy.
A joint committee of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Medicine. Published by National Academy Press, Washington, D.C. 2009 (82 pages).