Don't Be Tech Support for Your Students!
Student Computing Services offers three forms of support for your students:
We offer instruction in the use of many educational tools. And if you let us know the details, we can help your students prepare for your specific assignments!
Do you want to assign your students a project that involves technology but don't want to be their tech support? Learning Support offers expert staff and an inviting space where we can help your students.
- We can come to your classroom and orient your students to software or other tools applicable to your curriculum
- We can run instructional sessions for groups of your students in the Calkins 106 lab
- Feel free to send your students to us for software tutoring in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Blackboard, Google Docs, and more advanced software such as SPSS and Microsoft Access!
Technical Support Center
We are the student help desk. Have your students contact us with their technical questions.
Do your students come to you with their technical problems? The Technical Support Center is staffed with knowledgeable people that can assist your students with:
- Usernames and passwords
- Connecting devices to the Hofstra wireless network
- Installing free software from the MyApps section of the Hofstra Portal
- Printing using a PridePrint Release Station at 25 locations (may of which are available 24 hours)! (See hofstra.edu/prideprint)
Computer Repair Center
You and your students can come to us for help with all sorts of computer repair issues, including virus removal, installations, and hardware fixes.
Do your students tell you they couldn't complete assignments because of computer trouble? The Computer Repair Center provides full repair services to the Hofstra community, including:
- Free diagnostics for all computers
- Free warranty services for most Dell, Lenovo, and Apple computers
- Low cost non-warranty repairs for all computers
- Operating system and hardware installations (e.g., video cards, memory)*
- Virus and spyware removal*
The Computer Repair Center services computers running Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Linux (hardware only), and Mac OS 10.3 or greater).
*Some services are billable.