Welcome to Hofstra University!
Here are some important tips:
- Don't buy Microsoft Office! You can download a free copy of Microsoft Office Professional from "my apps" in the Hofstra Portal.
- Protect yourself by not sharing your Hofstra password with anyone!
- Use the HU Preferred wireless network for safe and easy access!
- Don't bring a printer to campus. You can print from anywhere using PridePrint! We have 40 PridePrint Release Stations in 25 locations.
- Mac or PC? Generally, it doesn't matter but some majors have certain requirements.
- Have any other technology questions? Give us a call at 516-463-7777
Buying a new computer? Here is what we recommend:
Recommended System Specifications for New Computers:
Hofstra students receive discounts when purchasing Lenovo and Apple computers. Click here and login on the Portal to access these discounts online.
Student Computing Services (SCS) hires and trains students for technical support and learning support positions. Click here for more information.