If you are planning to live on campus during your time at Hofstra, consider enhancing your HUHC experience by opting to live in one of our two living/learning communities. Most HUHC first year students do! Our two locations are Liberty/Republic Hall (approximately 160 residents) and VanderPoel Hall, floors 6, 7, and 8 (approximately 75 residents). Active, dynamic, and engaged communities, they are welcoming to first year students and home to our returning sophomores, juniors and seniors.
HUHC Housing offers:
• Traditional residence halls with double rooms, and common lounge spaces where students spend time hanging out, watching TV, playing foosball, or just relaxing.
• Increased opportunities to interact with other HUHC students whose intellectual interests span all of the programs and majors at Hofstra and who collectively participate in almost every club and student organization on campus.
• True living-learning communities where animated conversations about books, science and history, art and music are natural extensions of the Culture & Expression experience.
• A continuing community where first-year students (about 50%) meet and learn from sophomores, juniors and seniors who know HUHC housing history and traditions.
• 24 hour study spaces with internet access, projection screens, and in Lib/Rep free access to printers.
One Experience - Two Locations:
In addition to spacious double rooms and two very active lounge spaces and kitchens, the complex has its own courtyard for relaxation and informal games (e.g. frisbee) as well as planned activities (e.g. volleyball; outdoor concerts, and the Dean’s Cup competition), and also some pretty intense snowball and water balloon fights!
VanderPoel Hall (floors 6, 7, & 8)
VanderPoel’s honors floors house 75 HUHC students (about 35 first-year students) in both double and single rooms. This residential tower offers a convenient location, lounge spaces on each floor as well as a penthouse lounge, kitchen and eating area on the 13th floor.
The Price is Right, So Stay As Long As You Like!
The cost of living in HUHC housing can’t be beat. Double room fees are among the least expensive housing options on campus. And “homesteading” rules allow HUHC residents to stay on as a long as they like. Some of our students love HUHC housing so much, they stay with us for all four years!