The Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic
The Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic is located in the Joan and Arnold Saltzman Community Services Center on Hofstra University's South Campus, in Hempstead, New York. Created in 1991, the Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic is an integral part of the Department of Health Professions and Family Studies in the School of Education, Health and Human Services. The clinic was established to train graduate students from the Marriage and Family Therapy program while providing low-cost clinical services to the community.
The philosophy of the Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic is to assist individuals, couples and families as they explore and solve problems in a confidential, safe environment.
The Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic provides the following services to residents of Long Island and the surrounding areas:
- Individual, couple and family therapy
- Community education seminars
- Group therapy to individuals, couples and families
- Speakers for schools, hospitals and agencies
All affordable, clinical services are provided under direct supervision of an approved supervisor and experienced faculty.
SAMPLING OF ISSUES
- Pre-marital counseling
- Single Parenting
- Custody Arrangements
- Marriage counseling
- Relationship difficulties
- Families Coping with Autism (ASD)
- Pre-divorce and Separation Therapy
- Anxiety or Depression over a Relationship
- Dealing with Elderly Parents
- Midlife Issues
- Couple Counseling
- School Problems
- Remarriage (Step-families)
- Parenting Adolescents
- Families Coping with Special Needs Children
- Families in Recovery
- Extramarital Affairs
- Chronic Illness or Medical Trauma
- Retirement Issues
- Death and Loss (Bereavement & Grief).
Click here to email the clinical director, or call (516) 463-5234 to speak with a member of our clinical staff.
DIRECTOR:Teresa Grella-Hillebrand, M.A., LMFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Clinical Director (516) 463-1917