Incoming undergraduate, graduate, law and medical students are assigned on a first come; first served basis based on the student’s housing application submission date. Information regarding the housing application process is sent to the student’s home in his or her Admission’s acceptance packet.
Students who wish to apply for housing must complete the two-step application process outlined below. Once both steps have been completed, the Office of Residential Programs will assign a housing space and will communicate the housing assignment to newly assigned students by sending an email to the student’s Hofstra pride account. This mailing will include where the student will be living, along with contact information for any roommates/suitemates (if applicable). Information about moving into the residence halls will also be included.
- New Resident Application Process
- New Resident Assignment Process
New Resident Application Process
Eligibility Requirements for Incoming Residents:
- Students must be admitted to Hofstra University
- Students must pay the $300 housing deposit
- Students must register for full-time course load during selected orientation session and maintain a full-time course load throughout academic year to remain in housing
Paying Your Housing Deposit
Students can submit the required $300 housing deposit online for the appropriate term. Housing deposits may be paid via electronic check online through e-bill located on the Deposits tab through the student portal at my.hofstra.edu. Students paying by cash, check or money order must do so at the Student Financial Services Suite, 206 Memorial Hall.
In order to pay online, please follow these steps:
- Simply log into http://my.hofstra.edu
- Click on "Hofstra Online" tab via the navigation menu on the left
- Click on "Student Payment Center" under Student Services
- Click on "My Payment Center"
- Select the "eDeposits" tab
- Select the term for which you are applying
- Select the type of deposit you want (i.e. Housing Deposit).
Completing Your Housing Application
After paying your housing deposit using the steps above, students should complete their housing application. To complete your application, please follow the steps below:
- Log into http://my.hofstra.edu
- Click on "Hofstra Online" via the navigation menu on the left
- Click on the "Residential Programs" Menu.
- Click on the "Residential Programs Room Application."
- Select the term for which you are applying to reside on campus.
- Follow instructions to complete the housing application and select a dining plan, as it is a condition of residency for all undergraduate students.
New Resident Assignment Process
Deposited students who have submitted housing applications will be assigned on a date-received basis. Housing assignments will be communicated electronically to student PRIDE accounts throughout the summer.