Welcome to the Center for University Advisement!
Hofstra views academic advisement as a partnership, where students and advisors discuss academic interests, set goals, and monitor the accomplishment of such goals. Students and deans have a shared responsibility in making their partnership a success. All undergraduate students are assigned a dean in University Advisement to serve as their general academic advisor from admission to graduation.
Advisement deans can help students with:
- Academic program planning
- Exploration and discussion of majors
- Interpretation of Hofstra's academic policies and procedures
- Degree progress (how to read your Degree Audit Report - the DARS)
- Applicability of transfer credits
- Campus resources
Once students declare a major they will be assigned to a faculty advisor within their academic department, and should contact their faculty advisor for major-related advisement concerns. Throughout their journey at Hofstra, students can rely on both their deans in University Advisement and their faculty advisors to provide support for their academic endeavors.