Welcome from the Vice President for Student Affairs!
The Division of Student Affairs is here to create a nurturing, student-centered environment, focused on helping you succeed, connect to the Hofstra community, and prepare for life after college. Collectively, we have made a commitment to pursue personal and academic excellence. Through 16 different departments within the Division of Student Affairs, we offer resources, services, and opportunities for you to actively engage in the campus community while developing Hofstra PRIDE.
- Personal and Social Responsibility: Through a process of self-discovery, you steer your own personal, academic, and career paths and take full ownership of your decisions, in and out of the classroom. Your sense of purpose carries an understanding of how your actions impact others.
- Respect for Self and Others: Demonstrating respect for all individuals, including yourself, is evident in your display of emotional maturity in your interactions with others. Recognizing your own strengths and abilities, you understand the components of a healthy lifestyle and making positive choices.
- Integrity, Ethics and Leadership: Integrity and ethical behavior in all aspects of your life, in and out of the classroom, are paramount. You seek to better understand yourself and the world around you as you work toward becoming an effective and principled leader.
- Diversity and Community: Each individual brings a unique perspective to the broader community. You demonstrate the awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively engage with a diverse community.
- Expression and Free Exchange: You engage in respectful free expression and exchange of ideas as dialogue leads to the development of critical and integrative thinking.
If there is anything we can do to guide you during these college years, please don’t hesitate to contact my office at 516-463-6933 or email@example.com. Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter at www.facebook.com/HofstraStudents and www.twitter.com/HofstraStudents, student-specific pages focused on providing you with essential information about student life. These are also great places to interact with other students and give us feedback on your Hofstra experience.
I look forward to working with you as we continually improve the student experience at Hofstra.
Sandra S. Johnson
Vice President for Student Affairs