The Next Generation of Funding and Research Expertise - Connected
For years, COS a ProQuest brand has been recognized as a global leader that provides unmatched tools for discovering funding opportunities and supporting collaboration in the research development field. Pivot answers the growing demands on research developers to quickly discover the right funding opportunities and effectively collaborate with their colleagues. Designed for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students, it's intuitive and easily implemented.
The Pivot difference
Pivot focuses on what matters most to Research Administrators, Research Development Professionals, and their institutions: the ability to identify and connect funding opportunities to researchers at their institution. Pivot combines the most comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities worth an estimated $33 billion with our unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles, drawing from Community of Scholars and Community of Science profiles. Its proprietary algorithm compiles pre-populated researcher profiles unique to your organization (and others) and matches them to current funding opportunities in the expansive COS database. This allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty from inside or outside your institution. Conversely, a search for a scholar will link to matching funding opportunities.
Intended to combat the complexities of multiple ways to research, Pivot provides robust, out-of-the-box capabilities with your needs built in. This means a better fit for your funding and grant requirements, and fast, reliable implementation.
Finding the right funding is only the start
Between access to worldwide funding at your fingertips and a personal connection to a vast community of scholars, our solution provides all the necessary features to bring together your search of funding and research professionals.
In a tight economic climate where no institution can afford to not find funding, Pivot provides the next generation of funding and research expertise you need to keep your institution connected.
Pivot is an unmatched tool that:
- Provides access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and the Research Development office
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches
- Create groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
With a personalized experience through your own profile, Pivot pinpoints funding opportunities with searches that are
- Accurate: Updated daily to add new information drawn from sources linked to profiles in publications from vetted sources and web content associated with a scholar's profile, and to drop out expired opportunities.
- Automated: Users can receive alerts whenever new matching opportunities are posted that match their saved searches.
- Focused: Search just one database for funding in any discipline and country, rather than multiple sources or scattershot across the internet.
Unlimited world-class support
COS has a long-standing reputation for support. With Pivot, you have access to free and simple enhancements, unlimited technical support available by email, phone, or online along with thorough training and frequent communication for administrators and users.
Find the support you need, plus free live and recorded training webinars.
To view a tutorial on how to create a PIVOT account, visit PIVOT youtube page "Creating your PIVOT account".