Computer Repair Center
Come to us for help with all sorts of computer repair issues, including virus removal, installations, and hardware fixes.
The Computer Repair Center provides full repair services to the Hofstra community, including:
Student and full-time staff provide full support services to Hofstra community including:
- Diagnostic and warranty services are provided free-of-charge for Dell, Lenovo and Apple
- Low cost non-warranty repairs
- Operating system installations and troubleshooting*
- Removal of viruses and spyware*
- Installation of hardware. (video cards, memory, etc.)*
*Some services are billable.
The Hofstra Computer Repair Center accepts computers running the following supported operating systems:
- Windows (Vista,7,8, 10)
- Linux (Hardware Only)
- Mac OS 10.5+
For fast and efficient service you should have the following items with you when bringing in your computer:
- Laptops: must be accompanied by a power cord
- Desktops: just the computer (no cords, monitors, keyboards, etc.)
- Laptops/Desktops: the recovery disks that came with your computer
We operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. Most computer repairs are completed within 24 hours. Some issues, however, will take longer to remediate, such as dire operational system problems or warranty repairs.