A degree in Sociology from Hofstra University provides students the opportunity to purse a wide variety of jobs in such sectors as business and marketing, the health professions, the criminal justice and legal systems, social services and the private, non-profit sector, and politics and government. Of the 2011-12 graduates who replied to an alumni survey, 95 percent who earned degrees in the social sciences reported being employed or pursuing graduate studies. They reported an average annual income of $36,175. Some of the positions and companies where our 2011-12 graduates are working include:
- DeVries Public Relations
- Campus Kids Day Care, Assistant Teacher
- Judy Henderson Casting (Fox21), Casting Assistant
- Taskforce on State Budget Crisis, a privately funded initiative lead by former government officials (NY), Research Assistant
- Suffolk County Legislature, Legislative Aide
- Extera Communications (TX), Executive Research Assistant
*All data must meet a test of data integrity. The average salary and placement data reported is determined by the level at which data may be deemed reliable (University wide, school, division or department) To see the alumni outcome reports in its entirety, and all available data, go to the institutional research page.