The Special Education program offer scholarships in the Fall semester and Spring semester. Students may apply for consideration after they have completed one semester. Only matriculated students may apply. The minimum GPA required for a scholarship award is 3.5.
In addition, there are several scholarships available for Special Education and Special Education/Literacy students, including the:
- Bernard Gold Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Dorothea S. Clarke Endowed Scholarship
- Donald G. Pace Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Douglas Hoyne Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Egel-Gray Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Martin and Sarah Syden Endowed Scholarship in Special Education
- Margot and John Hickling Memorial Endowed Scholarship
For further information, please refer to the bottom of the Tuition, Financial Aid, & Scholarship section of the Hofstra Bulletin. Students wishing to apply for these scholarships must present a letter of request to the Special Education Department Chair, Dr. Darra Pace.
The Hagedorn Teacher Fellowship Program
The Hagedorn Teacher Fellowship Program provides loans for undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence, financial need, a record of community service and a commitment to teaching in a high-needs school district.
Upon graduation and recommendation for initial certification in one of Hofstra’s teacher education programs, Hagedorn Teacher Fellows would be eligible for forgiveness of the equivalent of one year’s loan based on each year of service in a designated high-needs school district.