Freshman students must apply utilizing a Hofstra application. Qualified applicants will receive a supplemental application that must be completed to be further considered.
- Entry and Progression Requirements
Entry Requirements: The following requirements must be met to be eligible for the dual-degree direct entry program:
- Enter Hofstra University as a first-year student with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 in high school academic work;
- SAT score of 1300 (evidence-based reading and writing + math sections) or an ACT score of 27;
Progression Requirements: Students admitted directly to the dual-degree program as incoming freshman students will be admitted automatically to the professional phase of the program beginning the fall semester of his/her senior year, provided they fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete a successful interview during the junior year;
- Successful completion of a background check during the junior year;
- Attend Hofstra University for all undergraduate course work;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative overall and science grade point average of 3.3 for each of the six semesters prior to beginning the PA program curriculum;
- Achieve a minimum cumulative overall and science grade point average of 3.3 at the end of the spring semester of the junior year;
- Follow the prescribed pre-professional curriculum;
- Complete three-years in residence before entering the professional phase of the program;
- Meet with a pre-professional science adviser, if appropriate) at least once each semester;
- Document 50 hours of health care experience.
Students will receive a letter from the Department of Physician Assistant Studies at the end of the first year, and every semester thereafter during the first three years, advising them of their academic standing, and of remaining requirements to successfully transition to the professional phase. Students not meeting the required grade point average standards will be advised of the necessary steps needed to gain good academic standing.
Students who do not meet every condition for the first-year direct entry option may apply to the program via the CASPA process as a post-baccalaureate candidate.
For first-year students (Freshman), please visit the Undergraduate Hofstra Bulletin for the most up-to-date curriculum information.