The Department of Marketing & International Business at Hofstra University teaches marketing students how to better understand consumer behavior from multiple perspectives, including demographic, social, economic, cultural and technological. Marketing students are exposed to a variety of courses including those in advertising, international marketing, retailing management, sales management, electronic marketing, marketing research, marketing of services, and marketing strategy. International business students are exposed to the complexities and challenges facing global companies and learn how to navigate them. We are located just 25 miles from the major global business capital of New York City, which means our students have opportunities for networking and internships at some of the largest, most successful companies in the world.
The Department of Marketing & International Business provides students with:
- Faculty who have won awards for teaching, research, and scholarly publications. The faculty are also widely recognized and quoted in mainstream media as experts about trends in their fields.
- High profile internships in range of industries. Places where students have interned include: the New York Stock Exchange, MTV Networks, Madison Square Garden, and GlaxoSmithKline.
- International business and marketing courses taught as part of a special summer study abroad program in China.
- The opportunity to take specialized courses in a particular region – Asia, Europe, the Latin America or Africa.
- Minor programs in marketing, international business, international marketing, channels of distribution and promotion.
- Dual degrees in both majors that lead to a combined bachelor's and master's degree in less time, and at a lower cost than if the each degree were pursued separately.
- Active student organizations, including the Hofstra American Marketing Association (HAMA), that sponsor networking dinners with successful professionals and regularly compete and place high in regional, state and national competitions.
- Experiential learning opportunities with some of the country's premier marketing case competitions, such as those associated with American Marketing Association and the American Advertising Federation's National Student Advertising Competition.