In order to receive credit from the International Baccalaureate a student must meet this criteria:
Their International Baccalaureate must have been taken at the Higher Level (HL)
Credit will be given for a score of either 5, 6, 7.
Students in the full program may receive up to 30 credits. In order to receive these credits they must fulfill the following requirements:
- It must indicate on the transcript that the student has completed all of the course work to be awarded the diploma or certificate (this is at the top of the transcript)
- The total score must be a minimum of 30 (the points are located on the bottom of the IB transcript)
- The student must have taken THREE (3) Higher Level (HL) exams with a score of 5 or higher
- The evaluation is still done on a course to course basis (with students earning credit for exams taken on the HL with 5 or higher) but now they may be awarded additional credits to reach the 30 credit maximum. The excess credit will be awarded as LA 999.
- A score of 5 will grant you 3 credits for the appropriate subject area
- A score of 6 or 7 will grant you 6 credits for the appropriate subject area