Tuition Refund Plan
Hofstra University would like to make you aware of an optional tuition insurance program, the Tuition Refund Plan (“TRP”), available through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. This plan may help minimize your potential investment loss if your student needs to withdraw from classes and leave school during the semester due to illness or accident.
This refund plan would supplement the University’s published refund schedule. Subscribers are eligible for a refund throughout the term, even when Hofstra University’s refund policy has expired. Costs covered by the TRP include tuition only. The plan will refund up to 75% of insured tuition charges for medical/physical withdrawal or 60% of insured tuition charges for mental health withdrawal.
This tuition refund insurance plan is made available for your convenience, at your option. Hofstra University is not associated with, nor has received any benefit from, A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., One Beacon America Insurance Company or Atlantic Specialty Insurance Company.
The enrollment fee is only $127 per semester (available for Fall and Spring only).
Please note that enrollment in the plan must take place prior to the start of the semester for the school at which you are enrolled.
Enrollment may occur in any of the following ways:
1. Through the Hofstra Portal: As you registering for the Fall or Spring semester:
- Click on the Student Tab
- Select Registration under Hofstra Online on the left side menu
- Select the semester you are registering for (coverage is only available for fall and spring)
- If this is the first time you are submitting registration for the semester, a screen will prompt you to select “yes” or “no” for the TRP. You must make a selection to proceed.
- If you are making changes to registration, select Registration then Student Tuition Refund Plan
2. On the web: As you are making an electronic payment to your account:
- Login to your portal account at my.hofstra.edu
- Click on the Student Tab
- Click Payment Center under Hofstra Online on the left side menu
- Enter Hofstra Online and select My Payment Center button
- Select Make a Payment box from either the My Account tab or the Payment tab
- Type in the amount you are paying towards your invoice
- After you have selected your payment method, the additional item, Dewar Tuition Refund Plan, will appear to select
- Check the box to add the Dewar Tuition Refund Plan to your account and payment being made; the fee will be added to the account as well as your total payment being made
3. In person:
- Advise the Student Account Representative at the counter in Memorial Hall that you wish to purchase Dewar Tuition Refund Plan
- Pay the required fee
4. Through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc.:
- Go to www.collegerefund.com
- Select Hofstra University
- Complete the application and submit the required fee
Should you wish to revoke your enrollment in the plan, you must send an email to Bursar@hofstra.edu prior to the start of the semester for the school at which you are enrolled, otherwise you will be responsible for the enrollment fee on your account.