Tuition Refund Plan
The enrollment period for the Fall 2013 Tuition Refund Plan is now available!
Hofstra University would like to make you aware of an optional tuition insurance program, the Tuition Refund Plan (“TRP”), available through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. This plan may help minimize your potential investment loss if your student needs to withdraw from classes and leave school during the semester due to illness or accident.
Please click on this link for the A.W.G. Dewar, Inc. brochure for more details of the plan.
This refund plan would supplement the University’s published refund schedule. Subscribers are eligible for a refund throughout the term, even when Hofstra University’s refund policy has expired. Costs covered by the TRP include tuition only. The plan will refund up to 75% of insured tuition charges for medical/physical withdrawal or 60% of insured tuition charges for mental health withdrawal.
This tuition refund insurance plan is made available for your convenience, at your option. Hofstra University is not associated with, nor has received any benefit from, A.W.G. Dewar, Inc., One Beacon America Insurance Company or Atlantic Specialty Insurance Company.
The enrollment fee is only $127 per semester (available for Fall and Spring only).
Please note that enrollment in the plan must take place prior to the start of the semester for the school at which you are enrolled and the fee must be paid in full by the due date of your Fall invoice. If the fee is not paid in full, enrollment will be voided and coverage will not apply.
You may enroll in one of four ways:
- On the web, as you are registering for the Fall 2013 semester:
- log into your portal account atmy.hofstra.edu
- Click on the Student tab
- Click on registration under Hofstra Online on the left side panel
- Enter Hofstra Online and select registration if this is the first time registering for Fall 2013.
- Select Fall semester and agree to acknowledge statement.
- The next screen will prompt you to select "yes or no" for the TRP. You must make a selection to proceed.
- If you are making changes to registration, select Registration>Student Tuition Refund Plan.
- On the web, as you are making an electronic payment to your account (this option will be available in May/June 2013):
- Log into your portal account at my.hofstra.edu
- Click on the Student tab
- Click on Payment Center under Hofstra Online on the left side panel
- Enter Hofstra Online and select the My Payment Center button
- Select Make a Payment Box from either the My Account tab or the Payment tab
- Type in the amount you are paying towards your outstanding invoice
- After you have selected your payment method, the additional item, Dewar Tuition Refund Plan, will appear to be selected
- Check the box to add the Dewar Tuition Refund Plan to your account and payment and the fee will be added to your payment being made
- In person:
- Advise the student account representative at the counter that you wish to purchase Dewar Tuition Refund Plan
- Pay the required fee
- Through A.W.G. Dewar, Inc.:
- Go to www.collegerefund.com
- Select Hofstra University
- Complete the application and submit the required fee