Fifth Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Presentation by David Wolkoff, Principal, Heartland Business Center
June 14, 2011
The Wilbur F. Breslin Center for Real Estate Studies and the Institute of Real Estate at Hofstra University hosted a scholarship luncheon and presentation featuring David Wolkof, Principal, Heartland Business Center. Mr. Wolkoff is a principal at Heartland Business Center, a privately owned real estate company in the New York tristate area. He oversees the acquisition, financing, management and development of major real estate projects. Currently, he is focused on the development of Heartland Town Square, a "smart growth” town in Suffolk County, as well as a 1.3 million-square-foot building in Long Island City, Queens. The Heartland Town Square is a $4 billion project that will transform an abandoned psychiatric hospital property into a 451-acre development, with 8,999 apartments, 3.4 million-square-feet of office space, and 1 million-square-feet of shops and restaurants. Mr. Wolkoff’s presentation was well received. Following his presentation a lively question and answer session was held and Mr. Wolkoff was joined by his father, Jerry Wolkoff, the founder of Heartland. They discussed the phases of the project and the challenges of developing a large scale project.
Special thanks to the following organizations who generously supported this luncheon by acting as sponsors:
- ALDERMAN & COMPANY LLP
- ASSOCIATION FOR A BETTER LONG ISLAND
- CAMERON ENGINEERING & ASSOCIATES, LLP
- COMMERCIAL INDUSTRIAL BROKERS
- SOCIETY OF LONG ISLAND
- CRONIN, CRONIN & HARRIS P.C.
- MARK CUTHBERTSON, COUNCILMAN, TOWN OF HUNTINGTON
- FIRST AMERICAN TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY
- FIRST DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
- NEWMARK KNIGHT FRANK
- RIVKIN RADLER, LLP
- RUSKIN MOSCOU FALTISCHEK P.C.
- SPIEGEL ASSOCIATES
- U.S. TRUST BANK OF AMERICA PRIVATE, WEALTH MANAGEMENT
MERRILL LYNCH, PIERCE, FENNER & SMITH INC.
- VHB ENGINEERING, SURVEYING & LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE, P.C.