On move-in day, you will be greeted by a Residential Programs staff member who will welcome you to your new home away from home. After completing some paperwork, such as an Emergency Contact Card, a Resident Assistant will escort you to your room. Together, you will check your room/suite and record its condition on the Room Condition Report (RCR). It is important that this form is completed accurately, as you will be billed for any changes to the conditions of your room upon check out. After completing this paperwork, you will receive a key to your new home. The staff member will leave you to get settled, but will be sure to touch base with you later to ensure you have settled and to go over some important information that will ensure a comfortable stay.
When you are preparing to check out, please ensure that you follow all the proper procedures:
- Remove all personal belongings from the room. There is a minimum charge of $35 for items that are not removed. Items not removed will be discarded. The University assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or discarded items.
- Restore your room to its original condition. There is a minimum $50 charge for cleaning a dirty room.
- Have an RA check your room in your presence to note any damages or repair needs on the Room Condition Report (RCR).
- Return your key and receive a key receipt.
- There is a $25 fee for improper check-out and a $25 per hour charge for anyone who checks out beyond their approved departure date.
- A minimum charge of $25 per key and $35 per core change will be assessed for failure to turn in key at the time of check-out.
Mid-Year Check Outs & Check Ins
If you need to check into your housing assignment on any day during the academic year that is not an advertised check in day, you may do so by visiting the Resident Assistant Office of your residence hall between 6-9PM.
If you need to check out of your housing assignment during the course of the academic year, it is your responsibility to contact your Resident Director for instructions on the check out process. All check outs will take place during active 6-9p.m. office hours with the Resident Assistant(s) on duty. The student is responsible for ensuring they complete all check out requirements including completion of appropriate paperwork and submitting residence hall keys to a staff member in order to ensure they are not billed for improper check-out or lock changes.
Per the Office of Residential Programs Living Agreement, the housing agreement is a one-year contractual agreement and failure to remain in housing for the full academic year without prior written approval for cancellation will result in a $750 cancelation and forfeiture of the housing deposit.