The #HUWorldChanger scholarship contest is open to individuals who have been admitted to the Hofstra University undergraduate class of 2027. Tell us how you will change the world, and post your picture on social media with #HUWORLDCHANGER for a chance to win a $1,500 Hofstra University scholarship!
- Social media accounts must be PUBLIC in order for entries to be considered.
- Participants must address two questions in the form of text, text + photo, or text + video. They must first share which HU World Changer feature (from Hofstra.edu/worldchanger) they connected with most and why. They must then share how THEY plan to be an HU World Changer at Hofstra themselves.
- Each entry must include the hashtags #HUWorldChanger and #Contest in order to be considered.
- Each individual may only submit one entry.
- Please be sure to include your full name (first and last) in your entry.
- The deadline to enter is April 3, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- View the contest rules.
Congratulations to our 2022 contest winners!
- @abdul dance
- @ccir 2
- Contest is open to individuals who have been admitted to the Hofstra University undergraduate Class of 2027. Employees and agents of Hofstra University (“Sponsor”) are not eligible.
- Your submission of an entry constitutes your representation of compliance and acceptance of these Official Rules, and your consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, and other information for the purpose of Contest administration.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entries should address the following questions:
- Which World Changer feature did you connect with most and why? And
- How do you see yourself making an impact and being an HU World Changer?
- Entries may be submitted in the form of text, text and photo, or text and video. A text-only submission is limited to 350 words. A text and photo submission is limited to 250 words and four photos; Text and video is limited to 50 words and a three-minute video. Entries should be submitted via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (excluding Instagram Stories).
- Participants should:
- Use the hashtags #HUWorldChanger #Contest in their post;
- Follow HofstraU on the social platform where they posted their entry;
- Ensure that posts are public in order for submissions to be seen;
- Include their full name (first and last) in their entry.
Entries must be received by April 3, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Limit of one entry per person. If multiple entries are received from the same entrant, only the first entry will be considered, and subsequent entries will be disqualified. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, errors or failures in transmission or reception and/or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, which may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. By entering, contestants release the Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the contest entry, ownership or use of the prize. Entrants also agree that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s media equipment or computer system related to or resulting from Contest and its prize. The Sponsor is not liable for damage to a user’s computer system in any way due to an entrant’s participation in the Contest or downloading any information in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data, or other malfunction. The Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability.
- One prize will be awarded to each of ten (10) winners of the contest. The prize is a one thousand, five hundred dollar ($1,500) nonrenewable scholarship to Hofstra University.
- The prize will be forfeited if the winner does not enroll in Hofstra University for the fall 2023 semester.
- The scholarship funds may be used for tuition, fees, and other expenses required for enrollment up to the cost of attendance. The scholarship is subject to all generally applicable conditions of receipt of University financial aid. There is no substitution of prize. Prize may not be redeemed for cash value. If the entrant selected declines to participate, becomes ineligible, or is unable to fulfill contest requirements, the prize or prize value will not be awarded to that individual.
DISCLAIMER AND WAIVER
- Entrant will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and their agents from and against any liability, loss, injury, or damage of any kind (including attorney’s fees) to any person or entity including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in this Contest, or use of any entry-related materials. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, and not redeemable for cash, credit, or merchandise. The Sponsor is not responsible for prize delivery delays for any reason. No substitute prizes are available; however, the Sponsor may, at its discretion, award substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The odds of winning are relative to the number of completed, eligible entries received. All entries become the property of Hofstra University. Sponsor will not acknowledge the receipt of contest submissions.
SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES
- Participants acknowledge that the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Twitter requires that we notify you that anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- A winner will be selected on or about April 15, 2023, by Sponsor in its sole discretion on the basis of:
- creativity in presentation;
- grammar and other communication (is the entry easy and enjoyable to digest);
- how well contest rules were followed; and
- actual content of entries.
- Winners will be notified by social media direct message on or about April 15, 2023. Winners may be required to complete additional forms certifying their compliance with these official rules and related provisions. If potential winners cannot be reached, or if they are found to be ineligible, or if they cannot or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the next eligible entry chosen will be awarded the prize. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Contest made by Sponsor are final and binding. For a list of winners’ names, send a request to email@example.com.
- This Contest is governed and construed under the laws of the State of New York and the venue for any action, claim, or dispute arising hereunder shall be in Nassau County, New York. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in those courts and hereby submit to the jurisdiction of those courts. All Federal, state, and local laws and regulations are applicable. The Contest is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED
- Winners are solely responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes. All entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be disqualified. The Sponsor at its sole discretion reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, without liability.
RIGHT TO USE
- Entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry (“Submission”) is his/her original work and contains no third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights. Entrant understands that all Submissions become the property of Hofstra University (the “University”) and will not be returned. Entrant grants the University the irrevocable right to use, reproduce, prepare derivative work of, distribute, and display the Submission without any compensation or further notification or approval by Entrant, for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising or trade purposes, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world. Entrant warrants and represents that the Submission is not subject to any grant or restriction that would prevent its use consistent with this permission, and that Entrant has the full right, power, and authority to grant the rights agreed to be granted hereunder. Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the University and its trustees, directors, officers, employees, servants, representatives, and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, and suits arising from a breach of any representation, warranty, or agreement made hereunder. Entrant understands that nothing contained herein shall in any way obligate the University to use the Submission in any manner.
- Hofstra University