OUR MISSION IS TO...
Assist faculty and administrators in pursuit of external funding
Their efforts help enrich the University's educational, research, and service endeavors.
Our primary responsibility is to...
Facilitate securing external financial support for research and scholarship
This support is usually in the form of peer-reviewed grants or contracts.
Our office provides a wide range of support services, such as assistance in:
- Identifying appropriate funding sources by using tools such as PIVOT.
- Assisting with all aspects of proposal preparation.
- Presenting workshops including grant writing tips and information on latest funding trends.
- Working closely with the Office of Financial Affairs to ensure successful implementation of all sponsored projects.
- Assuring compliance with University and governmental regulations and conditions.
- Arranging the protection of intellectual properties through Technology Transfer.
The Awards Lifecycle
Learn about the lifecycle of a grant, from proposal to closing out an award.
Policies and Guidance
Learn about Hofstra’s policies on grants, including the institution’s Financial Conflict Of Interest statement, the Use Of Human Subjects In Research, and more.
Training and Other Resources
Get details on training regarding research and other resources.
Recent Proposals and Awards
- Award (10/5/2022): Samantha Kubek and the Law School received a NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services award - $2,500
- Award (10/13/2022): Alicia Bosley and the Counseling & Mental Health Professions Department received a NYS Department of Health - AIDS Institute award - $14,387
- Award (11/1/2022): Anthony Robinson and the School of Education received a NYSED award - $85,018
- Award (11/7/2022): Zeinab Nasrallah and the Zucker School of Medicine received a National Institutes of Health award - $70,193
- Award (11/22/2022): Karen Albert and the Hofstra University Museum of Art received a New York State Council on the Arts award - $10,000
- Award (11/29/2022): Lawrence Levy, Martine Hackett and the National Center for Suburban Studies received a Long Island FQHC, Inc. award - $44,991
- Award (12/20/2022): Julie Byrne and the Religion Department received an Interfaith America award - $5,000
- Award (12/21/2022): Lawrence Levy and the National Center for Suburban Studies received a New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) award - $42,643
- Award (1/5/2023): Kira Adaricheva and the Mathematics Department received a National Science Foundation award - $7,080
- Award (1/24/2023): Scott Brinton and the Journalism, Media Studies & Public Relations Department received a Bernard & Sandra Otterman Foundation award - $9,470
- Award (2/2/2023): Julie Case and the School of Health Professions & Human Services received a Once Upon a Time Foundation award - $115,062
- Award (2/16/2023): Laura Fetter and the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship received a New York State Urban Development d/b/a Empire State Development award - $995,632
- Award (2/22/2023): Donna Tudda and the Diane Lindner-Goldberg Child Care Institute received a DHHS, Administration of Children and Families (ACF) - Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) program, Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act award - $38,400
- Award (2/23/2023): Samara Ginzburg and the Zucker School of Medicine received a American Association of Medical Colleges award - $40,000
- PROPOSAL (10/28/2022): Catherine Bangeranye from the Zucker School of Medicine submitted a proposal to NYS Department of Health for $50,000
- PROPOSAL (11/1/2022): Eric Chang from the Zucker School of Medicine submitted a proposal to Neurosurgery Research & Education Foundation for $2,500
- PROPOSAL (11/15/2022): Javier Izquierdo from the Biology Department submitted a proposal to The Explorers Club for $9,090
- PROPOSAL (11/21/2022): Franca Sachs from the Law School submitted a proposal to Nassau County Office of Mental Health and Chemical Dependency for
- PROPOSAL (11/30/2022): Donna Tudda from the Diane Lindner-Goldberg Childcare Institute submitted a proposal to NYS Children and Family Services for $38,400
- PROPOSAL (12/1/2022): Paul Meller from the Psychology Department submitted a proposal to Nassau County Department of Human Services for $1,362,109
- PROPOSAL (12/5/2022): Scott Brinton from the School of Communication submitted a proposal to Bernard and Sandra Otterman Foundation for $9,470
- PROPOSAL (12/16/2022): Charlie Riordan from the Office of the Provost submitted a proposal to Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) for $1,010,000
- PROPOSAL (1/31/2023): Patricia Janson from the School of Nursing/PA Studies submitted a proposal to Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation for $25,000
- PROPOSAL (2/1/2023): Maria Frimer from the Zucker School of Medicine submitted a proposal to Mary Kay Ash Foundation for $100,000
- PROPOSAL (2/7/2023): Brittany Miller from the Biology Department submitted a proposal to Department of Energy for $750,000
- PROPOSAL (2/8/2023): Anthony Gordon from the Center for STEM submitted a proposal to National Science Foundation for $1,999,992
- PROPOSAL (4/1/2023): Brian Galli from the School of Engineering submitted a proposal to Project Management Institute for $50,000
- PROPOSAL (2/25/2023): Faith Wang from the Biology Department submitted a proposal to National Institutes of Health for $371,860
- PROPOSAL (2/21/2023): Edward Currie from the School of Engineering submitted a proposal to National Science Foundation for $1,377,000
- PROPOSAL (3/5/2023): Michael Dores from the Biology Department submitted a proposal to National Institutes of Health for $273,837
- PROPOSAL (1/13/2023): Alan Pittman from Theater Facilities submitted a proposal to NYSCA for $1,000,000
Hofstra Horizons is published annually, in the spring, by the Office for Research and Sponsored Programs, and features articles on research and creative activities conducted by the faculty of Hofstra University.
Undergraduate Research serves as a capstone to a student’s work and development and can lead to graduate study or directly to entrance into professional life.
The Office for Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), part of the Office of the Provost, serves to support the Hofstra community in their external funding efforts. Our highly skilled team has an extensive background regarding the full spectrum of the research administration process.
The ORSP team provides guidance on all pre-award matters and serves as liason on non-financial post-award requirements for financial matters.
For more information, please contact the ORSP staff at 516-463-6810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.