Commuting Student Services
How to Register for Lockers
Lockers are provided free of charge and located on the second floor of the Mack Student Center. Lockers are available for registered students and will be distributed through an application process. All commuter students are welcome to apply. Locker applications will be available the first academic week of each semester, and students must reapply each semester. Students will be notified if they will receive a locker via email and must visit the Office of Commuting Student Services and Community Outreach to receive their locker assignment and sign the agreement form. Lockers must be completely cleaned, and all belongings removed, on the last day of finals every semester otherwise, the lock will be cut, and all items will be discarded.
Lounges—places to relax
There are numerous lounge areas around the campus that are ideal for taking a break , catching up on your reading, watching a little TV, meeting a friend, and charging your devices. A few key lounges for off-campus living and commuter students to know about are:
- Mack Student Center 24-hour lounge (w/TV)—located on the first floor next to the Student Center Theatre
- Hammer Lab—located across from the Axinn Library entrance on the South Campus
- Collaborative Learning Center—located on the second floor of the Axinn Library
- Hofstra Pride Den—located in the lower level of the Mack Student Center
- Our office is located in Room 221 Student Center. We are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, when classes are in session. Our lounge area is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Stop by for a cup of coffee or tea or use the microwave to heat up your lunch.
- The Game Room is equipped with video gaming stations, comfy chairs, and billiard tables. It is located on the lower level of the Student Center.
There are designated commuter parking areas on the South Campus, but your best bet is to park on the North Campus and walk over the Unispan. It saves time and is healthy for you.
New Jersey Transit Student Pass
For our students who commute from or travel to New Jersey, we are pleased to announce Hofstra University’s new relationship with New Jersey Transit. With this new partnership, we are now able to offer New Jersey Transit Student Passes. Please note that you have to be registered for at least 12 credits (9 credits for graduate students) for the current semester in order to use this service.
To purchase your discounted student tickets, visit the MyHofstra Portal, click on the MyApps icon in the upper right corner, then select NJTransit. You’ll be given two options — Enroll or Login.