Publications for Families
Hofstra Family Connection Blog
The Family Connection Blog informs you about campus events, personalities and issues. Parents are invited to submit their "Parent Voice" blogs, describing their Hofstra experiences and advice. Just e-mail us.
Hofstra Family Link E-Newsletter
The e-newsletter discusses current topics of interest to Hofstra parents and families and reminds them of deadlines and resources; it is emailed at least once monthly. We receive parent email addresses if students noted them during the admission process. We add them to our list each summer. If you are not receiving the Family Link e-newsletter and want to subscribe, please complete the "Subscribe to our email newsletter" field at right. Please scroll down and select "Parents and Family: Family Link." Please make sure to add Hofstra domain to your trusted list in the email preferences in order for your email provider not to block our emails. If you want to unsubscribe, please click on "unsubscribe from this list" at the bottom of any Family Link e-newsletter you have received.
- Family Link: September 8, 2017
- Family Link: September 19, 2017
- Family Link: September 22, 2017
- Family Link: September 29, 2017
- Family Link: October 4, 2017
- Family Link: October 12, 2017
- Family Link: October 23, 2017
- Family Link: October 27, 2017
- Family Link: November 6, 2017
- Family Link: November 9, 2017
- Family Link: November 21, 2017
- Family Link: December 6, 2017
- Family Link: December 14, 2017
- Family Link: December 20, 2017
Hofstra Parent and Family Handbook
Hofstra Parent and Family Handbook is provided to incoming first-year families during parent orientation. A guide to Hofstra campus and offices, it describes the transitions of first academic year, provides an overview of advisement and academic resources, and outlines important issues facing your first year student. It also serves as your resource throughout the four years with phone numbers and addresses of campus offices. You or your student may pick up a hard copy in the Office of Parent and Family Programs, 200 Phillips.
Download PDF Version [PDF]