In addition to safeguarding Hofstra’s 244-acre campus, the Hofstra University Department of Public Safety provides numerous services to more than 13,000 community members, of whom approximately 4,000 reside on campus.
Associate Vice President's Message
The safety and security of the Hofstra community and its 244-acre campus is the Department of Public Safety's highest priority. Through our partnership with students, faculty, and staff, we are able to maintain a campus that is safe and conducive to learning. Together, we form a powerful team.
Public Safety Staff
Associate Vice President, Public Safety & Community Engagement
Assistant Director, Compliance & Title IX Investigations
Director, Campus Access & Security Systems
Associate Director, Campus Access
Manager, Community Engagement & Transportation
Assistant Director, Emergency Response Officer
Associate Director, Campus Security Systems
Accounts Clerk Specialist
Resident Safety Coordinator
Senior Executive Secretary
Manager, Office Operations
Security System Technician
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where is the Department of Public Safety located?
- A: The Department of Public Safety is located on the southeast corner of Hempstead Turnpike and California Avenue, Hempstead, New York.
- Q: Where do I go if I lost/found an item on campus?
- A: To claim lost property or to turn in something found on campus, go to the Department of Public Safety.
- Q: Who do I call in an emergency?
- A: Contact the Department of Public Safety for any emergency (medical, fire, or police) at 516 463-6789. If you are off campus, dial 911.
- Q: What do I do if I find that my car is missing, towed, booted, or disabled?
- A: Call the Department of Public Safety at 516-463-6606 for assistance.
- Q: What do I do if I get locked out of my room?
- A: Contact the Department of Public Safety at 516-463-6606 for assistance.
- Q: What do I do if I lose my Hofstra ID?
- A: In the event that you lose your HofstraCard or it is stolen, you may deactivate it on the Hofstra Online Information System under the HofstraCard Services section, located in the Hofstra portal (my.hofstra.edu). After confirmation, the card will then be deactivated and will not be useable until you go to the HofstraCard Services Office with the card or request a replacement.
- Q: Do I need to register my vehicle with the Department of Public Safety?
- A: Students, faculty, and staff are required to register their vehicle with the Department of Public Safety.
- Q: Does the University provide campus transportation for its students?
- A: The Hofstra University shuttle bus service provides transportation throughout the campus to members of the Hofstra community. There are also scheduled stops at the Hempstead and Mineola Long Island Rail Road stations. There is also a shopping and entertainment shuttle that operates on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday with scheduled stops at local shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment venues. The Night Shuttle runs through neighborhoods surrounding Hofstra during the overnight hours, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., traveling from various points on campus with designated pick-up/drop-off points. You will be able to track the shuttle on your smartphone or online via GPS. For schedules and information, visit hofstra.edu/shuttle, stop by the Mack Public Safety and Information Center, or call 516-463-6606.