Welcome to the Hofstra University Budget Office!
The University Budget Office, a department of Financial Affairs, is responsible for the development and maintenance of the University’s operating budget. The University Budget Office aims to develop an accurate operating budget, reflective of established University goals and objectives, provide regular oversight to activity and support the vice presidents and department heads with timely and accurate information upon which to make resource allocation decisions.
Specifically, the department is responsible for:
- Development of a budget pro forma, including forecast revenue and expenses, and a budget calendar to guide the planning and development of the operating budget for the upcoming year
- Coordination with University departments to compile the annual operating budget in accordance with established guidelines
- Review of budget submissions and transfer requests and monitoring of budget activity throughout the year
- Development of reporting tools for the University and individual departments to enhance information available to decision-makers
- Providing necessary training to departments to ensure proper oversight of budgets and activity
- Advising on central resource issues and compiling and maintaining data and reports required by the officers and the Board of Trustees