Bienvenue, Bienvenidos, 欢迎, Merhaba, ようこそ, स्वागत हे, Welcome!
Why should you study at Hofstra University as an international student?
Hofstra has a long tradition of welcoming international students (see what countries are represented at Hofstra) who enjoy the benefits of American higher education in a selective and private campus community that values diversity and promotes cross-cultural understanding. Here are some highlights:
- Location: Located in New York, 25 miles from Manhattan
- Programs: 160 undergraduate and over 175 graduate program options with more than 100 dual-degree program options
- Scholarships: Generous scholarships (We are a test-optional school.)
- Job placement rate: Above 93%. We're ranked in the top 9 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for midcareer salary of all undergraduate alumni. Our graduates are world changers!
- Diversity: Hofstra has earned the highest ratings for diversity and inclusiveness.
Explore our site and learn why Hofstra is a special place to live and study, and the right choice for you!
Apply to Hofstra
To help you as you apply for admission to Hofstra University, we've provided an easy checklist for you to follow as you gather your forms and materials.
A Different Way
INTO Hofstra delivers University-designed Academic English and Pathway programs to support and prepare international students during your transition to a U.S. University. Earn credits while getting the extra support you need!
Once you’ve submitted your application, your next step will be applying for a student visa and financing your study.
Obtaining an I-20
An I-20 form is an official government document that certifies a person is eligible to be an F-1 nonimmigrant student at Hofstra.
Merit scholarships from Hofstra and scholarship opportunities from external organizations can help fund your studies.
Obtaining a Student Visa
Once you are accepted into Hofstra University and submit the necessary documents for your I-20, your application is sent to International Student Affairs.
Check out translated brochures and watch the videos below to learn more about International Student Life at Hofstra.
- I-20 Application Form [PDF]
Please note that the I-20 application can be completed and submitted at any stage of the application process (even prior to receiving a decision).
- F-1 Visa Transfer Form [PDF]
(required if transferring from a U.S. high school, college, or university)
- Affidavit of Support (if financial documents include an account that is not in the student’s name)
- Dependent Information Form (if any dependents will accompany you to the U.S.)
- Sponsor's Promise of Free Room and Board Form (if a family member or sponsor will be providing you with free off-campus accommodations for the duration of your education program)
Please email InternationalAdmission@hofstra.edu with any questions about required documents or the admission process.
All documents can be scanned and emailed to International Admission.
*Remember that you will need to bring original copies of your financial supporting documents to your visa interview.
Get the answers you're looking for with our frequently asked questions.
International Student Affairs
International Student Affairs provides a variety of programs and services to meet the unique needs of our international student population.2021 International Brochure »
Transfer Credit Equivalencies
For further information, contact International Admission:
100 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549