Financial Aid

Aid for Prerequisite Coursework

If you are required to complete prerequisite or preparatory courses for admission into a graduate or professional program, you may be eligible for federal direct student loans at the undergraduate level for one consecutive 12-month period.

To be considered for financial aid for prerequisite or preparatory courses, you must submit an Application for Federal Student Aid for Prerequisite Coursework. This application must be signed by your graduate advisor or admission representative, and must list the course(s) you are required to take in order to be admitted to the program. Prerequisite or preparatory coursework must be part of an eligible program offered by Hofstra University or any accredited college or university.

Download the Form
Please Note

The specific course(s) you take must be required for admission to the eligible program. Taking courses for the purpose of raising your GPA in order to be admitted to an eligible program does not satisfy this requirement.