Inside the Artists, Designers, and Photographers Studio
Recently renovated facilities include:
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Fully equipped wood, metal, and welding shops, as well as carving and plaster studios
- A ceramics studio – one of the most popular areas in the department – that is an impressive, light, airy, and well-equipped space
- Painting, drawing, sculpture, and new media, graphic design and industrial design studios
- A professional-level photography studio where students take a full-spectrum of photography courses and engage in traditional darkroom processes and the latest digital technologies
The department also houses the student-run FORM Gallery, which hosts exhibitions of student work, and the Rosenberg Gallery, which features a full schedule of exhibitions by guest artists, faculty, alumni, and students.
Located in Calkins Hall, the Rosenberg Gallery presents exhibitions of professional artists to the Hofstra community. This provides students with the special opportunity to view world-class exhibitions and meet the artists in person. Past shows have included fine art and design work by nationally and internationally known figures. All exhibitions include a reception and gallery talk, which is a valuable resource for students and faculty. In addition, the gallery offers opportunities for Hofstra student interns.