- The Online MBA program is a 36 credit MBA with core courses that cover every area of business.
- The curriculum is divided into three broad areas – Core Competencies, Capstone Integrative Course and Major Concentration.
- Our program not only maintains the flexibility and convenience by allowing to go through the program from your current location, but it does so while maintaining a rigorous curriculum.
- The program is a cohort-program where you can complete all requirements within 16 months in the full-time mode or 30 months in the part-time mode.
- Other custom options are available. You will have a maximum of five years to complete the program.
- All courses will be conducted through a Distance Learning approach using the popular Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS).
- Courses will require frequent interactions between you and other students and of course, with the professor teaching the course.
- While a variety of different features are usually used in any online course, typical tools will include audio and video lectures, discussion boards, online assignments and exams, online case discussions, supplemental videos and websites, and other features as required for a specific course.
- Many parts of the courses will be self-paced, i.e. you can go through these portions in an asynchronous mode. However, depending on a specific course’s requirements, there will be some synchronous portions for which you may have to participate in some online. “live” sessions.
- All courses follow a time-based schedule in terms of lesson plans, assignments and completion deadlines.
The core competencies requirement provides the breadth of knowledge focusing on functional areas of business, such as accounting, management information systems, finance, operations management, marketing, and quantitative analysis. In addition to these, global business decision making, contemporary organizations and leadership skills and business ethics are also included in the core competencies component. This component is presented within a framework that emphasizes analytical and problem solving skills and focuses on the professional perspectives in the management of business organizations, as well as the importance of written and oral communication skills.
Additional details on the core competency courses are listed here.
The major concentration enables students to establish a strong base of specialized knowledge in one of the study areas represented in the Zarb School of Business. This complements the skills in the various functional areas of business and the professional leadership and management orientation.
With permission of the Graduate Programs Office, and in consultation with the Online MBA program director, students may pursue a concentration in any of the other graduate concentration areas available at the Zarb School of Business after successfully completing 12 credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0. These concentrations are in Accounting, Business Analytics, Business Operations and Healthcare Analytics, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Sports & Entertainment Management. In such cases, online MBA students may have to take some of the concentration courses on campus.