Orientation & New Student Programs
We invite all new transfer students to attend a New Student Orientation designed especially for you. This will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other transfer students, learn more about the Hofstra campus and traditions, and be better prepared for the fall semester.
Prior to attending Transfer Orientation, all transfer students should attend a Transfer Day, hosted by Transfer Admissions. You will register for classes at your Transfer Day. All transfer students are then encouraged to attend the one day transfer orientation program. This will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other transfer students, learn more about the Hofstra campus and traditions, and be better prepared for the fall semester.
Hofstra University will host the first part of Transfer Orientation and Family Orientation for family members of transfer students online on Monday August 2, 2021. More information regarding the schedule and technologies is forthcoming. Your online experience will still take place during day of your initial confirmation. Please check your Hofstra email address for regular updates.
Transfer Orientation will take place on Monday, August 2, 2021 and will be online. Please check your Hofstra email for updated information regarding the schedule and technologies used.
Please register for the session by logging into the Hofstra portal at my.hofstra.edu (you will need your network ID and password) You may also register your parents and family members for Family Orientation, taking place on the same day.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Frequently Asked Questions (and answers)
- Is there a cost associated with this transfer orientation?
- Your $300 Orientation fee goes towards this program, Welcome Week and programming that takes place during the fall semester.
- How long is Transfer Orientation?
- Transfer Orientation will be online is expected to begin at 12 noon Eastern Standard Time and end approximately around 5:00 p.m.
- When will I register for classes?
- Transfer students who have attended an Admissions Office Transfer Day should have already registered for fall classes. For those students who have not yet registered for fall classes, please contact the Center for University Advising at 516-463-6770 to arrange an appointment for registration.
- When and where do I check in?
- Please check your Hofstra email for updated information regarding the schedule and technologies used.
- Will I get a confirmation after I sign up?
- Yes. The confirmation will be sent to your Hofstra email address that can be accessed from the portal at my.hofstra.edu
- Is there an orientation for the parents/guardians of transfer students?
- Yes. A one day session will run simultaneously with transfer orientation. You can sign up your parent/guardian when you sign up for transfer orientation. Check in for parents/guardians is the same as for students.
- Where can I see the schedule of events for transfer orientation?
- We are currently finalizing the schedule for 2021, however students can access the schedule from 2020 here to get some context.
- What technology will I be using to attend Transfer Orientation?
- We will use Zoom for all components of the program and recommend all students use a laptop or desktop to access online transfer orientation. Zoom, on hand-held devices such as phones or tablets will not have the same functionality. You will need the newest version of Zoom installed and ensure that you are authenticated into your Hofstra account for everything to work properly.
Here is a quick how to tutorial on how to use zoom correctly using your Hofstra log in information.
Many students who have never logged in properly have experienced technical issues on the first day of orientation. Please make sure you can access it properly before your orientation session. If you do encounter technical issues, please contact our ITS Help Desk at 516-463-7777
You will receive the link by email to the Zoom link and to the main landing page on the Sunday before transfer orientation. Note that the email will be sent to your Hofstra email address.