Orientation & New Student Programs
We invite all new transfer students to attend a New Student Orientation designed especially for you. This will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other transfer students, learn more about the Hofstra campus and traditions, and be better prepared for the fall semester.
Prior to attending Transfer Orientation, all transfer students should attend a Transfer Day, hosted by Transfer Admissions. You will register for classes at your Transfer Day. All transfer students are then encouraged to attend the one day transfer orientation program. This will be a great opportunity for you to connect with other transfer students, learn more about the Hofstra campus and traditions, and be better prepared for the fall semester.
Transfer Orientation is a day of events that is designed to introduce you to the Hofstra campus, the rigor of academic life, our rich culture and traditions, our on-campus resources, and the exciting diversity of Hofstra and the community around us.
Transfer Orientation Details
During Transfer Orientation, will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about the resources available to support your success, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Meet other new students and connect with current student leaders who will share their Hofstra experience.
- Participate in various panel discussions to explore additional topics and get your questions answered by our university staff.
Frequently Asked Questions (and answers)
- Is there a cost associated with this transfer orientation?
- Your $300 Orientation fee goes towards this program, Welcome Week and programming that takes place during the fall semester.
- How long is Transfer Orientation?
- Transfer Orientation will be online is expected to begin at 11:45 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends approximately around 3:00 p.m.
- When will I register for classes?
- Transfer students who have attended an Admissions Office Transfer Day should have already registered for fall classes. For those students who have not yet registered for fall classes, please contact the Center for University Advising at 516-463-6770 to arrange an appointment for registration.
- When and where do I check in?
- Transfer Orientation 2023 is online and check in will be on Zoom. You will be sent details on how to log into your Hofstra version of Zoom for the event.
- Where can I access the schedule for the program?
- You can access the schedule here
- Will I get a confirmation after I sign up?
- Yes. The confirmation will be sent to your Hofstra email address that can be accessed from the portal at my.hofstra.edu
- Is there an orientation for the parents/guardians of transfer students?
- Yes. An online session will run simultaneously with transfer orientation. You can sign up your parent/guardian when you sign up for transfer orientation.