Parent & Family Programs
Family eSpace is an online parent portal designed to inform and engage family members of Hofstra students. Students must authorize their parents and family members for Family eSpace (see the instructions below). Parents and family members can use Family eSpace to:
- see their Family Orientation date;
- advise us of their engagement preferences by completing the My Information form;
- complete the Authorization Form – Minor Students (for the parents/guardians of students aged 17 and under);
- view the Parent and Family Council meeting videos and minutes;
- opt-in to the Regional Family directory to connect with other Hofstra parents and family members;
- access their Hofstra student’s final grades (on January 15 for the fall semester, and on June 15 for the spring semester), class schedule, and campus address if they are FERPA-authorized for that information.
To authorize family members to access Family eSpace, students must:
1. Log on to their student portal at my.hofstra.edu.
2. Select the person icon on the upper right corner and select "My Account" from the drop-down menu.
3. Select FERPA/Family eSpace/eBill from the tabs on the left.
4. Use the FERPA tab to add a family member and to select a type of FERPA-protected information the student wants to share with this family member (All Records, Financial Records, Academic Records, etc.). Students may choose not to grant FERPA access by clicking "No Records," but still give access to Family eSpace to their parents. You will additionally have access to your student’s address, schedule, and final grades if you are FERPA-authorized for that information.
5. Click on the Family eSpace tab. Again, the student may select "No Records" on the FERPA form for the named family member and still allow that person access to Family eSpace. Family eSpace has features beyond FERPA-protected information that are aimed at engaging and informing parents and family members.
6. Scroll down and select Invite to Family eSpace under the family member's name.
7. In the white pop-up window, select New Family Member and enter the family member's email address, then submit.
8. The family member will receive an email to activate their account and set up a username/password. Please note that the login code sent to the email expires in 72 hours.
9. After parents/family members have created a login through a link in the email, they are all set to enter Family eSpace at any time at my.hofstra.edu (the same login page as the student portal). Enter your email in the top (username) field and your password in the bottom (password) field.
If you have questions, please contact Parent and Family Programs at 516-463-4698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.