Parent & Family Programs
Our students thrive when we, their parents and family members, are informed and engaged. Join me and become a Hofstra parent leader.
On November 17, 2015, the Parent Council voted to accept the following values, mission and vision:
The Hofstra University Parent Council values:
- Wellbeing of the whole student, academic and personal
- Hofstra Pride
The mission of Hofstra University Parent Council is to improve communication among the University and all family members of Hofstra students. We facilitate a nurturing environment where family members network, learn about Hofstra, and contribute to the academic and personal wellbeing of all students. We promote the University by being active ambassadors of the Hofstra Pride.
This mission is fulfilled by:
- Providing a forum for new ideas and suggestions for bettering student programs and services, like writing for the family blog, participating in online chats and e-newsletters of the Parent and Family Programs, and communicating with all Hofstra families;
- Serving as a resource to all Hofstra families;
- Supporting student and family programs by fundraising and volunteering time and talent;
- Serving on parent panels for admission and alumni events;
- Hosting regional Hofstra receptions;
- Recruiting parent volunteers;
- Hosting regular meetings for University administrators to share ideas with Parent Council members.
The Hofstra Parent Council aspires to become the primary voice of all family members of Hofstra students -- of Hofstra’s “family body.” The Council will actively solicit input from family members of all class years and aim to fully reflect the diversity of the Hofstra Pride in its membership. We wish to collaborate and engage with Hofstra administrators to fulfill the missions of the Division of Student Affairs and the University in providing “a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures, and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas, for the betterment of humankind.”
First, I encourage you to get engaged and volunteer: please complete the Family Information Form and indicate how you want to be involved. The Parent Council needs your help in organizing the Chance Auction of the Family Weekend. If you want to become a parent leader and join Parent Council, please email email@example.com; I would be happy to talk to you and explain the time commitment. Help us support our children’s school and further its reputation. If you have any questions for me or other Parent Council members, please call Parent and Family Programs at 516-463-4698 and their staff will get in touch with me.
Catherine Fisher, P'20
President, Parent Council