Parent and Family Programs
Parent and Family Council
Our students thrive when we, their parents and family members, are informed and engaged. Join me and become a Hofstra parent leader. The following are Parent and Family Council’s mission and vision:
President – Sue Heilig P’25
Vice President – Demetrios Mihailidis (Mr. M.) P’24
Secretary – Patricia Paredes Saez P’26
Parliamentarian – Cheryl Watson P’25
Bylaws Chair– Kimberly Stephenson P’25
Events Chair – Nicole Serralta P’25
Family Weekend Chair – Ro Polo P’24
Finance Chair – Cheryl Wolmer P’24
Public Relations Chair – Stephanie Kepke Kaplan P’24
Historian Chair - Linda Pincus Mannino P‘26
Emeritus Chair – Jill Marie Delano P’21
Past President – Jennifer-Michelle Giaccone P’22
The mission of the Hofstra University Parent and Family Council is to foster communication among the University and family members of Hofstra students. We facilitate a nurturing environment where family members network, learn about Hofstra, and contribute to the academic and personal well-being of Hofstra students. We promote the University by being active ambassadors of Hofstra Pride.
This mission is fulfilled by:
- Providing a forum for parents and families to share new ideas and suggestions for improving student programs and services, like writing for the Family Connection blog and communicating with other Hofstra families.
- Serving as a resource to Hofstra families;
- Supporting student and family programs through fundraising and volunteering efforts;
- Serving on parent panels for admission and alumni events;
- Hosting regional Hofstra receptions;
- Recruiting parent volunteers;
- Hosting regular meetings for University administrators to share ideas with Parent and Family Council members.
The Hofstra Parent and Family Council aspires to become the primary voice of family members of Hofstra students, of Hofstra’s “family body.” The Council will actively solicit input from family members of all class years and aim to fully reflect the diversity of the Hofstra Pride in its membership. We wish to collaborate and engage with Hofstra administrators to fulfill the missions of the University in providing “a quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures, and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas, for the betterment of humankind.”
I encourage you to get engaged and volunteer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join Parent and Family Council. I would be happy to talk to you and explain the time commitment. Help us support our children’s school and be its ambassadors.
Sue Heilig, P’25
President, Parent and Family Council