The Center for
"Race," Culture and Social Justice
Promoting faculty scholarship and teaching on “race” and social justice across the curriculum and fostering an inclusive atmosphere among students, faculty, and the Hofstra community at large.Learn more
In Conversation … Series
Roundtable discussions that create a space for conversation and bridge the gap between staff, students, faculty, and administrators -- giving an equal voice to everyone.
- Professor Russell Chun discusses his project, “Pygmalion and Waifu: Exploring the Racial and Gendered Practice of Generative AI Image Making"
- Dr. Tomeka Robinson discusses her project, "A Culturally-Centered and Intersectional Approach to Reproductive Justice: An Edited Collection
- Dr. Eduardo Duarte discusses his project, "W.E.B. DuBois and the Aesthetic Education Offered By Music"
- Dr. Timothy Daniel's discusses his project, "Blackness in Malaysia: Semang, Indians, and Reflexivity"
- Dr. Philip Dalton discusses his project, "Condemning Racial Terror Appropriately? A Critique of an Anti-Racist Mural in Elgin, IL"
- Dr. Nicholas Salter (Psychology) and Mariana Garcia (Ph.D. Student) discuss their research entitled, “Leveraging Leadership Racioethnic Perceptions."
Faculty Summer Research Grants
Supporting research, scholarship, and curriculum development focused on race and social justice.
Library Research Assistance
Empowering students by providing individualized attention to research needs.
Visiting Research Scholars Program
Hosting researchers from other institutions to foster intellectual exchanges.
Visit the blog for The Center for “Race,” Culture and Social Justice at Hofstra University.