The NAVIGATE platform is a digital tool that puts success within easy reach. Utilizing either the mobile app or the desktop browser accessed through the portal, students will receive a personalized experience, with access to academic planning, to-dos and events, and quick access to advisors and faculty who can help the student succeed.
What can NAVIGATE do for you?
- Schedule appointments
- Connect with Advisors & Faculty
- Set personal reminders
- Find events from various on-campus offices
- Explore major and career paths
- Plan future semesters with the Academic Planning tool
Resource guides can be found at the bottom of this page for both students and staff.
The NAVIGATE platform is an initiative of the Student Success Collaborative (SSC), led by faculty, staff, and academic leadership. SSC at Hofstra has a major impact on the work the university can do to support students from initial enrollment to graduation. By combining technology, best practice research and predictive analytics, NAVIGATE helps everyone at Hofstra leverage data and manage advising and academic support resources to increase retention and graduation rates for students.
The NAVIGATE app connects you with campus resources, allows you to explore majors and careers, and gives you access to tips, events, and more! All students are encouraged to download and explore within the app as the semester approaches. Students can also schedule appointments with members from the Center for University Advising to ensure they are on the right track for graduation. Find it on the iOS App Store or Google Play.
A collaborative team of administrators, faculty, and staff from several areas of campus has been working intentionally for months to bring the successful launch of the SSC at Hofstra. Jean Peden Christodoulou, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, is the lead administrator on this project. Students can always follow up with their advisor from the Center for University Advising with questions or for support.
Staff and administrators with technical questions should reach out to Michael Devlin for support.
Faculty with technical questions should reach out to Denise Shirreffs for support.
Student should feel free to reach out to the Division of Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Success at StudentAffairs[at]hofstra.edu with any questions or feedback you may have on the system.
In the summer of 2017 Hofstra launched NAVIGATE, a system that uses predictive analytics, real-time data, consulting and networking to help advisors recognize and intervene with students in need of support. Professional advisors and faculty in each college tested the platform over the summer and additional features released in subsequent semesters, with additional users joining each semester.
Benefits to NAVIGATE include:
- Visibility into student risk. With real time, in-semester data on student behavior, NAVIGATE enables Hofstra to identify levels of student risk based on patterns of course-taking and achievement by students. We are able to focus, coordinate and integrate student support and help students make good decisions—before they may even realize they need assistance.
- Shared Quick access. Critical information and an intuitive interface saves faculty and advisors time, allowing them to quickly address the problem at hand.
- More effective advising. The system’s data alerts and problem identification prompt meaningful conversations with students and encourage follow-through.
- Improved utilization of support services. The system provides guidance for students to the appropriate support services— such as tutoring, financial aid or career counseling—which can sometimes be difficult to navigate.
We are excited for students to utilize NAVIGATE to stay on top of their academic progress and schedule appointments for tutoring and departments such as the Center for University Advising (CUA), Center for Academic Excellence, The Center for Career Design and Development, and more.
Student can access their NAVIGATE account by logging into the Hofstra Portal and clicking on the NAVIGATE icon. Once in the system students are able to schedule appointments, view class schedule information, and view mid-semester advisories that have been posted by faculty.
NAVIGATE is also available on mobile devices through both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. View information on how to access the mobile version.
We are excited for the Faculty and Staff of Hofstra to take a hands-on approach in supporting our students through the NAVIGATE platform. Students will access many resources through NAVIGATE, including mid-semester advisories, appointment scheduling, and academic planning. To access NAVIGATE, log on to your Hofstra Portal and click the “Navigate” icon.