Student Financial Services
Make an installment payment
How to make an Installment Payment
- Log in to your Payment Center on the Hofstra portal
- Click on Payments
- Click on Pay, next to the due date you are paying.
- Review the installment amount and date of payment before submitting.
- Making your payment. If you are using a saved payment method, continue here. If you are going to use a new payment method, please skip to Entering a New Payment Method below.
Entering a New Payment Method
To choose Electronic Checking:
- Click on the drop down box Select Payment Method, and click on Electronic Check (checking).
- Click the Select button; the system then displays the “Account Information” form on the right.
*Important: Double-check your routing and account number or credit card number to avoid returned checks or failed payments and associated fees. Savings accounts are accepted for web checks as long as no limitations are in place with the payer’s bank. Please inquire with your bank regarding their policy prior to using a savings account as a web check.
**Please note: PayPath/Heartland an independent third-party contractor charges a non‐refundable service fee of 2.95% (minimum $3) of the amount paid via credit card. The fee is established and charged solely by PayPath/Heartland and not by Hofstra University. The fee is paid in full to and retained by PayPath/Heartland; the University does not receive any of this fee.
If you have questions, you can contact your Student Financial Services counselor at email@example.com or 516‐463‐8000