- Contact Us
- Path of Pride
Students will discover that their career path ail take many twists and turns throughout their lifetime. The Hofstra Career Center is here to help guide students on their Path of PRIDE.
- Major Exploration
What Can I Do With This Major?
- New students are faced with the "major" question on a daily basis, by friends, family, faculty and campus administrators. Some students have the answers, while others feel tremendous pressure to make a quick decision. While it's true that some specialized fields are easier to enter if you start working toward your degree early, you don't have to have everything figured out right away. Most majors translate to a variety of professions and many of you will discover some of these as your Path of PRIDE takes its twists and turns. Being prepared and doing your research early can help.
- Please visit What Can I Do With This Major?
*Some of these majors may not be offered at Hofstra University. Please seek additional advisement from The Career Center or the Center for University Advisement for further information.
- Career Counseling
Career Counseling and Career Assessments
The Career Center is here to help you from your first year through your post-graduation years. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff of career counselors are eager to assist you with your choice in major and how they relate to careers, internship and job search planning, career decision making, and assistance with resumes and cover letters, and interviewing skills.
- Want an appointment or practice mock interview with a career counselor? Call us at 516-463-6060 and friendly front office staff will assist you.
- Need a resume or cover letter critique? Drop into The Career Center for quick advice on a first-come first-serve basis during Quick Question Hours.
- Fall and Spring semesters: Monday – Friday 10-11 a.m. & 2-4 p.m.
- Interested in a career assessment? A career assessment is a tool which can give you an indication of what jobs are a match for your interests and abilities, personality and skills. We offer several assessments depending on your needs. Our counselors will determine which assessment is best for you at this point in your career exploration.
Book an appointment and let our receptionist know that you would like to discuss assessments with a counselor, 516-463-6060.
- Handshake/Job and Internship Postings
- Handshake is the system used at Hofstra to connect employers and students for job and internship postings, events and more. Students should log into the Hofstra Career Hub to access Handshake.
- Job Search Resources and Handouts