- A completed application form. The application form must be completed online; visit http://www.hofstra.edu/Academics/grad/grad_apply.html and click “Apply Online.” You will be redirected to Hofstra’s account at the application website ApplyYourself.com.
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate course work. Applicants must hold master’s and bachelor's degrees from accredited institutions. Either the bachelor's or master's degree must closely relate to the doctoral specialization sought by the applicant. A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.5 in graduate course work and 3.0 in undergraduate course work is required. Transcripts must be uploaded to the application website.
- An official report of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Register atwww.ets.org. Score reports must be uploaded to the application website.
- A typed statement of intent and rationale for pursuing doctoral studies (500-1000 words). This statement must be uploaded to the application website.
- Three professional references from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s potential for doctoral studies. These references must be entered online at the website of the ETS Personal Potential Index (PPI). Applicants should click on http://www.ets.org/ppi and register for a PPI applicant account, and then direct recommenders to the PPI website to enter their recommendations. Applicants are NOT required to upload PPI results to the application website (ApplyYourself.com).
- A minimum of two years of successful full-time teaching experience or the equivalent.
- Interview and on-site writing task (scheduled after all other admissions materials have been received).
For more information, please visit the Hofstra Bulletin.