Alumni - Allegro con Brio
For further information or to learn about joining Allegro con Brio, please go to the "Keep in Touch" page now. Be sure to choose "Allegro con Brio" from the list of groups with which you would like to be affiliated.
Jared Berry, B.S.Ed. '10
Vice President of Fundraising & Scholarship:
Devon Huhn Brady, B.S.Ed. ‘08
Vice President of Membership
Katharine Baer, B.S. ’08, M.S.Ed. ‘12
Vice President of Communication
Debra Koraus (Kontogianis), B.S.Ed. ‘06
- Katlyn Davis: Just finished ~2 years touring with the national tour of Phantom of the Opera as Christine (alternate and featured)
- Rachel Blaustein: Currently sings with Florentine Opera in Wisconsin. Has sung in various opera young artist programs the past three years.
- Chris Remkus: Recently graduated from the Bard Masters program (Lieder program). Currently pursuing post-graduate work in voice in Boston.
- Christina Pecce: Various young artist programs and professional opera & theater
- George Hemcher: Sarasota Youth Opera assistant director; freelance pianist
- Kathryn Wieckhorst: Opera singer based in NYC and Germany
- Nathan Cyphert: Pop Singer/Songwriter–composer of No.1 song H.O.L.Y.
- Mark Sanderlin (aka Lyon Hart): Pop singer, songwriter, generally amazing and sweet guy. If you’ve never seen the video for his single Falling for you (featuring his fiancé Lonnie Poupard), you should.
Katharine Baer holds two degrees from Hofstra University. During her graduate work, she studied with David Fryling and conducted a group of pieces for the Hofstra Chamber Choir on their 2012 inaugural tour. She has worked as the manager of high school choirs at Interlochen Arts Camp, and currently serves as administrator for Music in the Somerset Hills based in northern New Jersey. Katharine is a middle school choral director at Glassboro Intermediate School in New Jersey, teaches voice lessons to young students through Rowan Prep at Rowan University, and is a soloist and professional choir member at St. Mary's Episcopal Church in Haddon Heights, NJ.
Jared Berry is on the faculty at North Shore High School where he conducts the Concert Chorale and Madrigal Singers, and teaches IB Music and Music Theory. During his summers, Jared serves as the Assistant Director for Administration at the New York State Summer School of the Arts, School of Choral Studies, a summer residential program housed at SUNY Fredonia, that brings together seventy high school students from across the state to further study vocal arts. Outside the classroom, he is the Artistic Director/Conductor of the Babylon Chorale, one of Long Island's premier eighty-voice community choirs, and the choir manager and sings with eVoco Voice Collective, a semi-professional chamber choir. Professionally, Jared is involved in the American Choral Directors Association, serving as Repertoire & Standards Chair for Male Choirs and Webmaster for the New York chapter, as well as Honor Choir Chair for the 2016 and 2018 Eastern Division Conferences.
Devon Huhn Brady is a lyric soprano and a proud graduate of Hofstra University (B.S. Music Education, 2008), where she received the esteemed Rosencrans Award for Vocal Excellence. Devon received her M.M. in Voice Performance from the Boston Conservatory in 2010 and has since been performing with opera companies in NYC and Long Island. Favorite roles include First Lady (Magic Flute) and Pitti-Sing (The Mikado). Devon currently sings alto in the local professional choir, the eVoco Voice Collective, and maintains a private voice studio in North Bellmore, NY.
Debra Koraus (Kontogianis) Debra Koraus is a music educator and performer active on Long Island. A graduate with honors from Hofstra University and Teachers College, Columbia University, Debra holds degrees in Music and Music Education, and currently serves as elementary band and chorus director for the Amityville School District. Also an active performer, Debra studied with acclaimed flutist Patricia Spencer, and currently performs as a freelancing soloist and chamber musician, while pursuing her certification in educational administration at Stony Brook University.