If you are having any difficulty using this website, please contact the Help Desk at Help@nullHofstra.edu or 516-463-7777 or Student Access Services at SAS@nullhofstra.edu or 516-463-7075. Please identify the webpage address or URL and the specific problems you have encountered and we will address the issue.

Will my Credits Transfer?

Credit evaluation is completed after admission and prior to registration. Hofstra offers comprehensive academic advisement prior to class registration.

To receive more information, please visit our online Transfer Center.

Please note that once matriculated, current students may not take courses at other educational institutions.

Did you know Hofstra awards credit for Advance Placement (AP), The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate(IB)?

Click on the links below for equivalencies.

AP Equivalencies
CLEP Equivalencies
IB Equivalencies

Receiving a Credit Evaluation: Military, Active Armed Services, Reserves

Hofstra University has a long history of supporting our military members. The American Council on Education (ACE) evaluates military training/Joint Services Transcripts and will send colleges and universities an ACE transcript with their recommendations for college course equivalencies (click on the previous link for more information). If you are applying to Hofstra University, you can have your ACE transcript sent to our Admissions team for a transfer credit review before or after you receive an admissions decision. We will review your military coursework and consider possible Hofstra University credits.