Are you a rising high-school sophomore, junior, or senior interested in majoring in business? Kickstart your journey to success in college and your career when you join Explore - Examine - Experience: The Zarb Summer Business Experience, a tuition-free, weeklong introduction to the dynamic world of global business and cutting-edge technologies used by today's professionals and students at The Frank G. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University.
The Zarb Summer Business Experience
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
2023 SUMMER SESSION DATES:
Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Students accepted to the program must submit a $100 fee to secure their spot. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
The Zarb Summer Business Experience will introduce you to various business sectors, including accounting, cybersecurity, entrepreneurship, supply chain, finance, and marketing, while helping to ease your transition from high school to college. As a program participant, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience in our facilities, including the Cybersecurity Innovation and Research Center, the IdeaHUb business incubator, the Martin B. Greenberg Trading Room, and Behavioral Research in Business Laboratory, and the new Core Skills Lab featuring software and virtual tech tools to help students enhance their communication and presentation skills.
- Participate in simulations to learn how important corporate-to-consumer decisions are made.
- Make valuable connections with professors, administrators, industry experts, entrepreneurs, and other students.
- Obtain insight into the daily life of a business student while exploring our beautiful campus firsthand. A truly unique way to #SeeHofstra.
- Become a stronger college applicant! Stand out on your application – to Hofstra or other schools – with an enriching learning experience at a leading business school.
Over four days, you will participate in interactive workshops within our state-of-the-art facilities, led by professors from the Zarb School of Business. Sessions will include group activities, presentations, team-building activities, and competitions, such as:
- Exploring the Future of Accounting: Artificial Intelligence, Drones, and More!
- Behavioral Research: What Are Consumers Thinking?
- Cybercrime: The New Threat to Businesses Today
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Using Technology to Manage Risk in Financial Markets
- Supply Chain: Lessons on Managing Customer Demand
In addition to workshops, you will enjoy talks featuring business experts and entrepreneurs, networking opportunities, and group meetings covering various industry topics and interests. Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day.
Social Distancing Precautions
Hofstra continuously monitors government-mandated social distancing guidelines and follows strict protocols for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus. Likewise, this program is designed with the safety of the participants in mind.