We welcome and encourage all current students, employees, faculty, staff, and members to use the campus Fitness Center. All members are required to swipe their HofstraCard to access the facility. We recommend you bring water, a towel, and most importantly a padlock to secure your valuables. Lockers are available in each of the locker rooms and can be used daily.
General Facility Rules:
- Gym attire, including athletic footwear, is required in the gymnasium, main floor weight room, and when using any weight training and/or cardio equipment.
- Bags, jackets, and/or extra clothing can’t be left in the main floor weight room.
- Weight room etiquette is expected. To maintain a safe environment, weights must be racked properly after use. Kindly refrain from using chalk and dropping weights on the floor.
- For the safety of all members of the campus community, please wipe down equipment before and after use.
~ Please familiarize yourself with all facility policies located in the main lobby. ~
Fitness Center Membership Plans
All memberships and daily guest passes may be purchased by the following payment methods: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, VISA, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, and UnionPay.
Cash and personal checks will NOT be accepted.
Memberships will be sold Monday through Friday only between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Alumni membership walk-ins are NOT recommended, please see below.
All current Hofstra students, employees, faculty, and staff members are welcome to bring one guest per day. Guests must be at least 18 years of age. Guest passes may be purchased daily from opening until 5 p.m. There is a $10 daily guest fee and all guests must exit by 5 p.m. Guests must stay with their Hofstra sponsor at all times and adhere to all Fitness Center policies. Upon purchasing, both the Hofstra sponsor and guest will sign a waiver with the following content:
- I understand, recognize, and acknowledge that the risk of injury from the activities in this Facility is significant, including accident, physical or mental injuries, property damage, traumatic brain injuries, permanent paralysis, the danger of being exposed to or contracting a communicable and/or infectious disease, virus, bacteria or illness, including but not limited to any strains or mutations of a communicable disease and death. I further acknowledge that I have been made aware of, understand, and am required to follow all Facility health and safety rules to prevent injury and infectious disease rules and policies. I understand that while specific rules, equipment and personal responsibility may reduce the risk of serious injury or illness, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, known and unknown, including injury to person and property, even those arising from the negligence of others, and I assume full responsibility for my participation and use of the Facility.
- It is my responsibility to ask questions of management about any aspect of the Facility that has not been explained to my satisfaction. I have been informed of and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during participation, I understand that it is my responsibility to remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
- I am voluntarily using the Facility, including using the equipment and machinery and or attending classes, with knowledge of the dangers involved.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for all expenses related to injuries and/or loss or damage of personal property incurred in connection with my use of the Facility.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in activities and utilize the Facility, I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARLMESS, HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY its trustees, directors, officers, employees, servants, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, expenses (including attorneys' fees, and all court and litigation costs) and liability (including statutory liability), resulting from injury, illness, and/or death (including injury or death that may arise or relate to Communicable Disease) of any person or damage to or loss of any property arising out of my participation and use of the Facility.
- I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the Fitness Center Policies.
- I hereby warrant that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older and competent to contract in my own name insofar as the above is concerned.
The beautifully designed, state-of-the-art David S. Mack Fitness Center includes the following features:
- 63 cardio pieces
- 50+ Cybex strength training pieces
- ADA certified circuit
- Cycle Studio
- Yoga/Pilates Studio
- Aerobics Studio
- Indoor track
- Lounge and computer station
- Six basketball hoops
- and much more!