The beautifully designed, state-of-the-art David S. Mack Fitness Center includes the following Fitness Center features:
- 63 cardio pieces
- 50+ Cybex strength training pieces
- ADA certified circuit
- Cycle Studio
- Yoga/Pilates Studio
- Aerobics Studio
- Indoor track
- Lounge & computer station
- Six basketball hoops
- and much more!
We welcome all students, faculty, and staff members back to the Fitness Center.
- Sign up for a time slot on the Department of Campus Recreation’s GetInvolvedHU page. Click “I will be attending” to RSVP to the spot of your choosing. You can sign up in advance for one time slot per day. Time slots are limited.
- The morning of your time slot, remember to fill out your daily health screening. If you do not feel well, please stay home. Contact Student Health Services at 516-463-6745. Please update your time slot RSVP by clicking “I won’t be attending.”
To enter the Fitness Center, you will need your Hofstra ID (we cannot use your 700 number to look up your information) and proof that you filled out your daily health screening. Masks must be worn at all times while you are inside the facility. We also recommend you bring water, a small towel, and a bag to secure your items. Lockers will be limited; please remember to bring a lock.
How to properly enter:
- After walking through the first door, use your Hofstra ID to swipe into the building. If there is already someone standing in between the doors, please wait for the person ahead of you to enter the building.
- After entering the building, please use hand sanitizer and proceed to the temperature scanner. You may only proceed if the scanner turns green. If you have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher the scanner will turn red. You must leave the facility immediately and contact Student Health Services at 516-463-6745.
- Check in with the supervisor at the desk. Present your Hofstra ID to be admitted into your preregistered time slot. Provide proof of your daily health screening. You can show the timestamp on your phone.
- When in the facility, please remember:
Masks must be worn at all times.
Keep at least six feet apart from everyone.
Wipe down all equipment before and after use.
Secure your personal belongings.
Showers are NOT available.
You will need to leave the facility immediately when your time slot ends.
We hope to see you soon!
2020-2021 Fitness Center Membership Plans
There are currently no membership plans available.
- No guests are permitted to enter the Fitness Center.